Message for Students VDI
The CUNY Virtual Desktop environment was upgraded on 07/10/17. Users should download and install an updated client from the Virtual Desktop Installation page.
Remember to frequently save your data to your local device, USB storage device, or OneDrive. No user data is retained in the CUNY Virtual Desktop. Any unsaved data in the environment will be lost after 20 minutes of inactivity or disconnect time.
Use of the CUNY Virtual desktop is limited to 8 hours per session and is for academic purposes only. By using the CUNY Virtual Desktop, you agree to comply with the CUNY Computer Use Policy
Virtual Desktop Applications
Access using your CUNYfirst ID followed by @login.cuny.edu, and your CUNYfirst password.
To use the CUNY Virtual Desktop:
- Install it onto your computer, tablet or smartphone.
- Access your applications by clicking on one of the icons above.
- Log in using your CUNYfirst ID followed by @login.cuny.edu, and your CUNYfirst password.
- Save your data to a flash drive or local drive. Be sure to save your data before exiting the CUNY Virtual Desktop or your work will be lost. Print to any printer connected to your local device.
- For additional help, please see the FAQ’s, usage instructions, or call your local campus service desk.