New York State Public Health Law requires all students entering a post-secondary institution to provide their health services center with immunity to Measles, Mumps and Rubella. This law applies to students born on or after January 1, 1957, who are registered for 6 or more credits at a CUNY campus. Proof of immunity must be documented by a health care practitioner or other acceptable evidence in the following ways:
- Measles, otherwise known as rubeola — 2 doses live measles vaccine administered after 12 months of age and at least 30 days apart (exact dates of vaccinations are required);
- Mumps, 1 live dose mumps vaccine administered after 12 months of age (exact dates of vaccination is required);
- Rubella, also known as German measles –1 live dose mumps vaccine administered after 12 months of age (exact dates of vaccination is required);
- Serology (lab) report showing immunity to measles, mumps and rubella. The lab report must be an actual copy showing your immunity to MMR’s.
- We will accept any one of the following documentation for your MMR vaccinations:
- A copy of your immunizations (including actual dates) on an official government/ school letterhead — the simplest place to obtain this may be from your most recently attended high school or college; OR
- A copy of your immunizations (including actual dates) on physician’s letterhead, which includes printed name, address and telephone number; OR
- Have a blood test to confirm immunity. Please note: a copy of the lab report must accompany your campus immunization form for acceptance.