THE CITY UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK is a leading catalyst for economic revitalization in New York City and New York State. In 2013, the Governor created the NY-CUNY 2020 Challenge Grant Program, a joint program between the Governor and CUNY. The goal of the CUNY2020 Challenge Grant Program is to incentivize long-term economic development implementation plans, driven by CUNY’s campuses in areas of their academic strengths. The capital funds provided will support programmatic needs, and provide academically aligned, sustainable long-term economic development affecting students and the surrounding community. The success of this program is intended to impact future economic development decisions.
THE NY-CUNY 2020 CHALLENGE GRANT PROGRAM will provide a total of $55 million in capital funding. The competitive process is open to all CUNY senior colleges, graduate and professional schools, and community colleges. Joint and individual applications are encouraged. Multiple awards will be made to support transformational projects that leverage investment, advance academic research and provide significant economic impact through job creation.
NY-CUNY 2020 Proposals Guidelines
- Align with the New York City Regional Economic Development Strategic Plan with particular focus on job creation and MWBE goals
- Support the CUNY 2012 – 2016 Master Plan
- Promote Academic Excellence and Student Success
- Encourage Collaboration and Partnerships
- Leverage External Resources
- Provide Implementation Plans
A Round II application and deadline for submission will be made available in Spring 2015.