Office of Recruitment and Diversity
395 Hudson Street, 5th Floor
New York, NY 10014
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
The University Advisory Council on Diversity is charged with advising the Chancellery on ways to deepen the University’s commitment to creating and sustaining an inclusive workforce. Specifically, the Council will:
- Facilitate system-wide exchanges of information, strategies, and recommendations relating to climate, recruitment, retention, and success metrics;
- Solicit views of the University community on all aspects of diversity;
- Identify initiatives and/or programs that can advance diversity goals and recommend how resources might best be utilized and coordinated to achieve those goals;
- Identify barriers to achieving greater diversity and inclusion and provide recommendations on how to overcome those barriers;
- Review and strengthen the role of the Diversity Committee at each campus;
- Review affirmative action/equal employment opportunity programs of the individual colleges and to recommend appropriate policies and action based upon such reviews;
- Periodically conduct campus site visits; and
- Assess and report progress annually.
Advisory Council Members
Director of Human Resources
Guttman Community College
Anthony Browne, Ph.D.
Department of Africana & Puerto Rican/Latino Studies
Lisa A. Ellis
Associate Professor/Information Services Librarian
The William & Anita Newman Library
Baruch College & University Faculty Senate
Shelly Eversley, Ph.D.
Department of English
Lauren Gretina, Esq.
Chief Diversity Officer
Hostos Community College
Natalie Havlin, Ph.D.
LaGuardia Community College
Patricia Mathews-Salazar, Ph.D.
Director, The Center for Ethnic Studies
Borough of Manhattan Community College
Concetta Mennella, Esq.
Department of Law & Paralegal Studies
New York City College of Technology
Sylvia Miranda, Ph.D.
Bronx Community College, ret.
Joyce Moy, J.D.
Asian American and Asian Research Institute (AAARI)
Kevin Nadal, Ph.D.
Department of Psychology
John Jay College of Criminal Justice
Chief Diversity Officer
Queensborough Community College
Mohsin Patwary, Ph.D.
School of Science, Health and Technology
Medger Evers College
María Scharrón-del Río, Ph.D.
Department of School Psychology, Counseling & Leadership
Marxe School of Public & International Affairs
Deborah Shanley, Ed.D.
Interim Dean, School of Education
Joyce Tang, Ph.D.
Department of Sociology
Stanley Thangaraj, Ph.D.
Department of Anthropology
The City College of New York
Arlene Torres, Ph.D.
Office of Recruitment & Diversity