A. CUNY START PROGRAM
CUNY Start provides intensive preparation in academic reading/writing, math, and “college success.” The program enrolls prospective CUNY students who have been accepted to college because they have a high school or GED diploma, but are not ready for college-level work based on their scores on the CUNY Assessment Tests.
Students who have enrolled in CUNY Start are required to re-take the CUNY Assessment Tests. Former students have shown significant skill gains when they re-take the CUNY Assessment Tests many bypass the required remedial coursework.
- 25 hours per week
- Mondays through Fridays, 9am – 3pm
- Academic Reading/Writing and Pre-College Math
- Locations: Borough of Manhattan Community College, Bronx Community College, College of Staten Island, Hostos Community College, Kingsborough Community College, LaGuardia Community College, Queensborough Community College
- 12 hours per week
- Afternoons and evenings
- Academic Reading/Writing or Pre-College Math
- Locations: Borough of Manhattan Community College, Hostos Community College, LaGuardia Community College