Librarians at CUNY are eligible for the leave programs described below.
Professional Reassignment Leave
- Available only for librarians;
- Available for anyone serving in the titles of Professor, Associate Professor, Assistant Professor, Instructor, or Lecturer, regardless of tenure status or how long they have been at CUNY;
- Leave time is up to five weeks;
- Goal of 50 leaves per year system-wide;
- Leave requests are subject to the approval of the library departmental personnel and budget (P&B) committee and appropriate college-wide committees;
See PSC/CUNY Contract Section 25.4.
- Must be employed as Assistant, Associate or Full Professor (no Instructors or Lecturers);
- Must be untenured;
- Workload leave must be used during first five annual appointments;
- Purpose to engage in scholarly and/or creative activities related to their academic disciplines;
- Assignment of such reassigned time will be made by the college pursuant to guidelines designed to encourage scholarship;
See PSC/CUNY Contract Section 15.1.