Each CUNY college has its own guidelines about how students must fulfill Common Core requirements. Colleges that offer bachelor’s degrees determine their own College Option requirements. Colleges that offer some of CUNY’s most popular majors have also identified courses that count as “gateway” courses into those majors. For all of these reasons, it is essential that all students, faculty, and staff consult their colleges’ individual Pathways websites to learn about specific college requirements.
A list of approved Common Core courses at each college is available here
- Baruch College
- Borough of Manhattan Community College
- Bronx Community College
- Brooklyn College
- City College
- College of Staten Island
- Guttman Community College (previously New Community College)
- Hostos Community College
- Hunter College
- John Jay College
- Kingsborough Community College
- LaGuardia Community College
- target=”_blank”Lehman College
- Medgar Evers College
- New York City College of Technology (City Tech)
- School of Professional Studies
- Queens College
- Queensborough Community College
- York College
- *Macaulay Honors College students should consult the Pathways requirements as outlined by their home colleges.
This website complements the Pathways websites maintained by the colleges. It is very important that students, faculty, and staff consult their own colleges’ websites.