Thinking of submitting a grant proposal?
CIDR will coordinate with the Office of Sponsored Programs at your home campus on the creation and submission of your proposal.
Pre-Award assistance provided by CIDR typically includes:
- Developing and formatting budgets
- Coordinating proper clearances, paperwork, and approvals with your home Campus’s Office of Sponsored programs
- Alerting PI to special requirements and issues
- Assisting in the coordination of any subcontract materials
- Assuring final proposal is compliant with funder & CUNY-RF requirements
Before submitting a proposal, you must receive approval from the Office of Sponsored Programs at your home campus. This process normally takes 5 business days. We will work with you to obtain any additional clearances and fulfill other requirements before submitting. The clearance process is critical. Should you fail to get clearance, your proposal may need to be withdrawn.
Managing your award
Post-Award assistance provided by CIDR typically includes:
- Hiring staff
- Invoicing and billing
- Rectifying grant expenditures on your project P-Card (if applicable)
- Budget management and re-budgeting
- Providing space, when available, to you and your research staff
- Computing assistance
Keep in mind the following:
- Spending cannot begin until the grant contract is finalized and signed by the sponsor and RF-CUNY. This can take anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months depending on the complexity of the terms and conditions of the contract and workload at the RF.
- Spending cannot commence until all IRB approvals have been obtained.
Below is a list of some of our favorite resources to look for funding opportunities:
- Pivot http://pivot.cos.com/funding_main
- National Science Foundation (NSF) http://www.nsf.gov/funding/pgm_list.jsp?ord=date&org=NSF
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) http://grants.nih.gov/grants/oer.htm
- The Foundation Center https://fconline.foundationcenter.org/
- GetEdFunding http://www.getedfunding.com/c/index.web?s@sQ1xWLB2raPgE
- Grant Forward https://www.grantforward.com/index
- Microsoft Research http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/collaboration/awards/
- Social Innovation Fund http://www.nationalservice.gov/programs/social-innovation-fund
Interested in submitting a proposal though CIDR? Your first step is to contact the CIDR Director of Operations and Research at Michael.Marino@baruch.cuny.edu with the following information:
- Funder and due date
- RFP or link to funder’s site
- Project title and brief description
- Names of any additional Co-PIs or subcontracts
Once the above information is received you can expect a response, typically within 2 business days, to help you with your proposal.