Academic excellence that enhances students’ intellectual and personal growth, as well as their professional success, is the College of Staten Island’s special mission. Many CSI undergraduates go on to pursue a master’s degree at the college. Doctoral programs, offered in cooperation with the CUNY Graduate Center, are also available.
CSI helps students achieve academic and career success by offering strong programs in the liberal arts and a wide range of professional programs. The campus reflects the city’s diversity. CSI students, many of whom are working adults attending evening classes, come from more than 50 countries around the world.
The college’s park-like 204-acre campus includes state-of-the-art classrooms, laboratories, studios, and offices in two academic quadrangles. Noteworthy facilities include the Astrophysical Observatory, the Biological Sciences and Chemical Sciences Building, the CSI Center for the Arts, and the CSI Library.
CSI promotes academic and professional success by offering exceptional facilities and flexible scheduling.
- CSI offers daytime, evening, weekend, and summer classes.
- New students are welcomed through a unique orientation program called CLUE, the College Life Unit Experience. In addition to helping new students make a smooth transition to college life, CLUE gives new students the opportunity to have meaningful exchanges with faculty, staff, and current students.
- CSI students can major in more than one field, or choose an interdisciplinary major, such as African- American studies, American studies, or international studies.
- CSI participates in the Macaulay Honors College: University Scholars Program. The college recently established the Verrazano School for high ahieving students.
- Students aspiring to leadership positions in business may specialize in accounting, finance, international business, management, or marketing.
- Those accepted into the nursing program can earn an associate degree and can go on to study for a bachelor’s degree in the College’s accredited program.
- The accredited engineering science bachelor’s degree program has produced many successful professional engineers.
- Students interested in teaching careers can study early childhood, elementary, or secondary education. Education students complete student teaching assignments in excellent area schools with close ties to the College, and graduate with full certification.
- Students in professional programs and those seeking admission to graduate school benefit from extensive hands-on experience with sophisticated high-tech equipment.
- Facilities in the Department of Performing and Creative Arts include an experimental black-box theater, editing studios, a screening room, and a graphic design and desktop publishing laboratory.
- The Laboratory Sciences Building houses an aviary and greenhouse, as well as laboratories for teaching and research in biology, chemistry, and neuroscience.
- The Sports and Recreation Center, open to all CSI students, provides a splendid venue for the College’s winning teams.
- CSI students can take part in for-credit specialized internships that increase their competitive advantage in an increasingly demanding job market. The Career Placement Center provides a computerized database of current internship possibilities.
- The Center for International Service offers opportunities to travel and study abroad in China, England, Greece, Italy, and many other countries.
- Cutting-edge faculty research has brought CSI international acclaim, as well as millions of dollars in external grants.
S93 bus from 86th Street direct to the campus.
R train to 86th Street and 4th Avenue, then take S53 bus designated “Victory Blvd” which crosses the Verrazano Bridge and stops at Victory Boulevard, then transfer to S62 or S92 to campus.
From Staten Island
Staten Island Ferry to St. George Terminal; then take S62 bus up Victory Boulevard to campus.
X-10 Express bus from 57th Street & 3rd Avenue to Victory Boulevard.
Buses Victory Boulevard routes S66, 67, 61, 62, or 92, to the campus.