The Office of the Secretary
205 East 42nd Street
New York, NY 10017
THE RULES AND PROCEDURES FOR PUBLIC BOROUGH HEARINGS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- The maximum time permitted for each speaker will be three minutes. It is necessary to impose time limits to permit all speakers to have an opportunity to express their viewpoints. Persons attempting to speak out of turn will be ruled out of order and not permitted to continue. In order to assure maximum participation, the Board reserves the right, in special circumstances, to reduce the speakers time limit.
- The Trustee chairing the Hearing will call all speakers. No substitution of speakers will be permitted.
- When a speaker is ruled out of order, the speaker’s balance of time will be forfeited and the speaker will be expected to leave the lectern.
- Written statements should be placed in the box next to the lectern. These statements will be distributed to all Board members.
- Board members will not respond to questions during the presentation by the speaker.
- The Board of Trustees reserves the right to alter the above procedures at any meeting in order to assure that the business of the meeting will be completed.
- All public borough hearings will conclude at 8:00 P.M. unless otherwise directed by the Board of Trustees.
- Individuals may provide written statements following adjournment of the Hearing up to the close of business on the day following the public borough hearing.
- Individuals in the audience are asked not to speak out or otherwise interfere with the proceedings of the meetings of the Board of Trustees. Any individual who does so may be removed from the room and subject to arrest.
THE RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR MAINTENANCE OF PUBLIC ORDER (HENDERSON RULES) ARE IN EFFECT AND WILL BE ADMINISTERED AND ENFORCED AS REQUIRED.