Office of Academic Affairs
City University of New York
205 East 42th Street, 9th Floor
New York, NY 10017
Dr. Ekaterina Sukhanova
University Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
Mr. Kenneth Norz
University Director of Academic Affairs
Ms. Angela Vallecillo
When reporting substantive academic program changes (as defined below) in the Chancellor’s University Report (CUR), in addition to the CUR entry, you are required to fill out the NYS SED “Request to Change or Adapt a Registered Program” form. If you are unsure if your change requires a submission of the form, please contact Ken Norz at (646)664-8028 for guidance. Once completed, please have the form inserted into the CUR. If you experience technical difficulties in doing so, please send the form to Ken Norz at kenneth.norz@CUNY.edu or via interoffice mail, at Office of Academic Affairs, Central Office. In order to assure a timely registration of your change, please place the month in which the entry was placed into the CUR along with the item’s CUR number. If the appropriate forms do not appear in the report, or are not forwarded to us , this may result in the item being pulled from the current CUR.
Use the “Request to Change or Adapt a Registered Program” form (see link above) to request program changes that require approval by the State Education Department (see chart). For programs that are registered jointly with another institution, all participating institutions must confirm support for the changes.
Exceptions – PROGRAMS REGISTERED THROUGH THE OFFICE OF THE PROFESSIONS and TEACHER EDUCATION PROGRAMS HAVE THEIR OWN PROGRAM CHANGE FORMS
To change a program registered through the Office of the Professions (all licensed professions with the exception of teacher education and law) use the Professional Program Change form.
To change a registered teacher certification or educational leadership certification program or add a certificate qualification to an existing program, use the education program change form.
Changes and Adaptations Requiring State Education Department Approval
Changes in Program Content (all programs)
1. Any of the following substantive changes:
- Cumulative change from the Department’s last approval of the registered program of one-third or more of the minimum credits required for the award (e.g., 20 credits in an associate degree program)
- Changes in the program’s focus or design (e.g., eliminating management courses in a business administration program), including a change in the program’s major disciplinary area
- Adding or eliminating an option or concentration
- Eliminating a requirement for completion, including an internship, clinical, cooperative education, or other work-based experience
- Altering the liberal arts and science content in a way that changes the degree classification, as defined in Section 3.47(c)(1-4) of Regents Rules
Other Changes (all programs)
- Program title
- Program award (e.g., change in degree)
- Mode of delivery (Note: if the change involves adding a distance education format to a registered program, please complete the distance education application .)
- Discontinuing a program
- A format change that alters the program’s financial aid eligibility (e.g., from full-time to part-time, or to an
abbreviated or accelerated semester)
- A change in the total number of credits of any certificate or advanced certificate program
Establishing New Programs Based on Existing Registered Programs
- Creating a dual-degree program from existing registered programs
- Creating a new program from a concentration/track in an existing registered program
Source: New York State Education Department website.