Part-Time ESL Instructor/ Curriculum Developer, Queensborough Community College
Job Title: Part-Time ESL Instructor/ Curriculum Developer, QCC Perkins Grant
Location: Queensborough Community College, CUNY Center for Higher Education, 39-07 Prince Street, Flushing, New York
Status: Part-Time beginning February-April 2018, 10 hours average per week
Salary: $40.00 per hour
Queensborough Community College’s Division of Pre-College, Continuing Education & Workforce Development is seeking an experienced and dynamic part-time ESL Instructor/Curriculum Developer to develop and teach a contextualized ESL Healthcare Bridge Program for students at our downtown Flushing, NY Education Center. The ESL Instructor/Curriculum Developer will be required to have experience both in developing ESL workplace literacy programs and knowledge and experience in the Healthcare field. QCC’s ESL Healthcare Bridge Program is designed to facilitate and strengthen ESL students’ ability to enroll in and successfully complete one of the following tuition-based Healthcare Programs: Emergency Room Technician (EMT) Certificate Program, Medical Assistant Program and the Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Program. Demonstrated experience working with ESL adult populations is required. This position reports directly to the Continuing Education Director of Labor Market Research & Workforce Development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a contextualized ESL Healthcare Bridge Program, including curriculum, instructional materials, lessons plans and assessments.
- Instruct and deliver a practical and targeted ESL Healthcare Bridge Program, encompassing a variety of experiential instructional techniques to maximize students’ readiness to enter into an Allied Health Care Certificate Program, upon completion of the ESL Healthcare Bridge Program.
- Interview and assess students for entry into the ESL Healthcare Bridge Program.
- Work closely with students, on a group and one-to-one basis, to ensure that student learning and comprehension are transferred to the workplace.
- Work collaboratively with QCC administration, faculty and staff to develop, instruct and assess a highly effective contextualized ESL Healthcare Bridge Program to ensure student learning and success.
Additional Work Requirements:
- Demonstrate outstanding teaching, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work as a team member, with collaboration and problem-solving skills.
- Must be student-focused and sensitive to issues of ethnicity, diversity and disability.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s or Certificate in TESOL or related field preferred.
- Extensive experience working with adult ESL populations, preferably in a higher education environment.
- Knowledge & experience in Health Field required.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders in an educational setting.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office as well as other online resources.
Continuing Education HSE Instructor at Kingsborough Community College
Full-time 25 hours/week, Mon-Fri 9am – 2pm
AHSEP (HS Equivalency Preparation)
Provide instruction in Math, Science, Social Studies, Reading and Writing to prepare students to take the NYS TASC (Test Assessing Secondary Completion) exam and earn the HSE (High School Equivalency) Diploma.
$40/hour 6-month appt. w/ benefits
Natalie Bredikhina or Grant Harvey
Office: (718) 368-4870
Part-time ABS Spanish Literacy Instructor at LaGuardia Community College
The Adult Basic Skills department is seeking a dynamic, hard working educator who has significant experience teaching diverse adult, non-traditional high school equivalency population in Spanish at the basic education level, including knowledge of the New York State –approved Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC). Specific experience teaching reading, writing and math in Spanish.
Candidates must have demonstrated experience with developing theme-based and interdisciplinary adult education curricula, designing student-centered classroom environments, and utilizing a variety of assessment methods.
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor of Arts/Science degree, plus at least three (3) years adult education and/or non-traditional teaching experience, along with relevant adult education professional development required.
Position available for January 2018: Evening position 3 nights per week 5:30pm-9:30pm
Salary $38 per hour.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
PART TIME HSE INSTRUCTOR POSITION
The Division of Continuing Education at the New York City College of Technology is seeking a HSE Instructor to provide high school equivalency instruction to evening students at the Adult Learning Center. Classes are held on Tuesdays & Thursdays from 6-9pm, beginning September 12, 2017.
- Deliver effective instruction in the following areas: reading, writing, social studies, and science (math is taught in a separate class) helping to prepare students for the Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC)
- Create a student-centered, engaging learning environment, as required by CUNY
- Assess student progress and provide feedback
- Administer TABE and TASC Readiness exams
- Maintain attendance records and communicate with office and counselors on student absences and/or issues
- Complete 12 hours of professional development through CUNY or Regional Adult Education Network (RAEN) offerings
- BA or BS in education or related field
- Minimum two years related teaching experience, preferably in grant-funded literacy programs
- Experience creating thematic, content-based curricula
- Ability to integrate technology into lessons
- Working knowledge of the TASC, TABE Assessment, and TASC Readiness Assessment
- Excellent interpersonal, writing and oral communication skills
Salary range: $32.00 / hour
This is a Research Foundation grant funded position. Please send cover letter and resume to Giovanna Perciballi, Assistant Director of Education Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Part time HSE Evening Instructor for customized HSE Prep and Health Science
The Adult Basic Skills (ABS) department in the Division of Adult Continuing Education at LaGuardia Community College is seeking a dynamic, hardworking educator who has significant experience teaching adult High School Equivalency (HSE) preparation courses and familiarity with the New York State –approved Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC).
The position is for off-campus classes to be held on either Monday and Wednesday evenings or Tuesday and Thursday evenings or both, starting March 13 through November 14; each session is 3 hours–5:30-8:30 pm. The position pays $50 per hour, 6 hours per week for each class. Applicants can apply for one class or for both. The classes will be held in one of New York City’s hospitals.
The instructor will be responsible for a class of 15-20 adults, incumbent employees at one of the city’s hospitals and must be comfortable with learner-centered, participatory lessons and a project-based approach. Candidates must have demonstrated experience with developing theme-based and interdisciplinary adult education curricula, designing student-centered classroom environments, and utilizing a variety of assessment methods. The instructor will be responsible for creating her/his own contextualized curriculum and lesson plans related to nutrition and health science, in conjunction with ABS’s Teacher Coordinator.
Essential Duties include:
- Provide high quality instruction in all HSE subject areas in a learner-centered classroom.
- Develop meaningful contextualized curricula and stimulating lesson plans based on student needs to cover all subjects on TASC
- Conduct mid-term and end-of-term conferences to assess and share progress with students.
- Collaborate with ABS’s Teacher Coordinator
- Communicate and report progress of students to Director
- Develop an education plan for each student
- Administer pre-test, readiness test and post-test for HSE Prep course
- Track attendance
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor of Arts/Science degree, plus at least three (3) years adult education and/or non-traditional teaching experience, along with relevant adult education professional development required. Must be able to work independently in off-site location. Knowledge of nutrition or health science a plus.
Please send cover letter and resume with subject—Instructor off-campus to email@example.com.
Substitute ESOL Teacher
Lehman College Adult Learning Center needs a substitute teacher for the months of February and March for these Level 2 ESOL classes and dates:
MORNING CLASS: Monday, Thursday, and Friday from 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. starting on Thursday, February 16 OR Monday, February 27.
EVENING CLASS: Mondays and Wednesdays from 6 – 9 p.m. starting on Wednesday, February 15 OR Monday, February 27.
The expected end date would before or on the week of April 3. Please contact Diane Reynolds at firstname.lastname@example.org
New York City College of Technology Division of Continuing Education
Schedule: Tu/Th, 6-9 PM and Saturday, 9 AM – 3 PM
Under the supervision of the Director of Education Programs, the counselor will provide support to ESOL and HSE students enrolled in evening and Saturday Adult Learning Center programs.
- Provide personal counseling, make appropriate referrals, maintain written and electronic records
- Monitor attendance and proactively meet with students to limit absences
- Provide academic advisement as students progress through program and plan for further education and training
- Work closely with instructors in support of students
- Plan and coordinate student workshops
- Assist with registration, testing and orientation of new students
- Must be able to work evening and Saturday hours
- BA in counseling or related field; MA preferred
- At least two years counseling experience, preferably in grant-funded literacy programs
- Able to work with a database for basic data entry and information retrieval
- Excellent interpersonal, writing and oral communication skills
- Well organized and discreet in dealing with student issues
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, be resourceful, and work as part of a team
- Best Plus certified or available for training
- Must be able to start immediately
Salary range: $31-$34 / hour, depending on experience and qualifications
This is a Research Foundation grant funded position. Please send cover letter and resume to Gil Gerena, Director of Education Programs at email@example.com
Administrative Coordinator (full-time)
LaGuardia Community College Adult Basic Skills Department
LaGuardia Community College’s Adult Basic Skills department in the Division of Adult and Continuing Education is seeking an Administrative Coordinator for its non-credit High School Equivalency (HSE) and Adult Basic Education (ABE) programs. The Coordinator will work under the supervision of the Director of Adult Basic Skills (ABS) and the Executive Director of Adult Community Learning. The Adult Basic Skills department is a grant-funded and tuition-based, non-credit, high school equivalency preparation program that prepares students to earn a High School Equivalency diploma and to achieve their college and career goals.
Applications are being accepted through RFCuny.org: http://www.rfcuny.org/careers/postings?pvnID=LA-1612-001539
Educational Case Manager (part-time)
The Center for Immigrant Education and Training (CIET)
The primary responsibilities of the position will be:
- Counsel and advise clients on all their career, academic and social service needs
- Summarize student intake forms to assess student needs, coordinate appropriate referrals/events, and incorporate guest speakers for informative workshops
- Conduct college and career workshops for student clients
- Assist students with completing education and employment plans
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a social work, counseling or a related field; Master’s degree preferred
- Relevant experience in counseling individuals and/or leading workshops
- Strong awareness of the barriers facing immigrants looking to integrate into the US workforce and academic environment
- Some weekday evening hours required (approximately 5-8 pm)
- Seeking a professional individual familiar with strengths-based, culturally competent approaches
This part-time, grant-funded position will be scheduled for approximately 19 hours a week for a 6-month period (i.e., January to June 2017) at an estimated salary of $38.00 an hour.
Please send resume and cover letter to Eliana Panora at firstname.lastname@example.org
Office/Program Support Staff (full-time)
Monday and Wednesday from 12-9, Tuesday, Thursday from 9-5 and Friday from 9-2.
Bronx Community College
The Adult Education and Training Program at BCC is looking for a full-time person to work in the office in various capacities such as substitute teach, BEST test administration and assistance with intake. Candidates with BA in education or counseling, who are Spanish bilingual and computer literate in software/hardware are preferred. The salary is $38,000 per year through the Research Foundation of CUNY.
The position will start November 1st, 2016.