Administrative Coordinator (full-time)
LaGuardia Community College Adult Basic Skills Department
LaGuardia Community College’s Adult Basic Skills department in the Division of Adult and Continuing Education is seeking an Administrative Coordinator for its non-credit High School Equivalency (HSE) and Adult Basic Education (ABE) programs. The Coordinator will work under the supervision of the Director of Adult Basic Skills (ABS) and the Executive Director of Adult Community Learning. The Adult Basic Skills department is a grant-funded and tuition-based, non-credit, high school equivalency preparation program that prepares students to earn a High School Equivalency diploma and to achieve their college and career goals.
Applications are being accepted through RFCuny.org: http://www.rfcuny.org/careers/postings?pvnID=LA-1612-001539
Educational Case Manager (part-time)
The Center for Immigrant Education and Training (CIET)
The primary responsibilities of the position will be:
- Counsel and advise clients on all their career, academic and social service needs
- Summarize student intake forms to assess student needs, coordinate appropriate referrals/events, and incorporate guest speakers for informative workshops
- Conduct college and career workshops for student clients
- Assist students with completing education and employment plans
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a social work, counseling or a related field; Master’s degree preferred
- Relevant experience in counseling individuals and/or leading workshops
- Strong awareness of the barriers facing immigrants looking to integrate into the US workforce and academic environment
- Some weekday evening hours required (approximately 5-8 pm)
- Seeking a professional individual familiar with strengths-based, culturally competent approaches
This part-time, grant-funded position will be scheduled for approximately 19 hours a week for a 6-month period (i.e., January to June 2017) at an estimated salary of $38.00 an hour.
Please send resume and cover letter to Eliana Panora at email@example.com
Office/Program Support Staff (full-time)
Monday and Wednesday from 12-9, Tuesday, Thursday from 9-5 and Friday from 9-2.
Bronx Community College
The Adult Education and Training Program at BCC is looking for a full-time person to work in the office in various capacities such as substitute teach, BEST test administration and assistance with intake. Candidates with BA in education or counseling, who are Spanish bilingual and computer literate in software/hardware are preferred. The salary is $38,000 per year through the Research Foundation of CUNY.
The position will start November 1st, 2016.