“GSI allows us to just concentrate on school.”
– GSI Participant
To be considered for the program, a student must:
- Receive public assistance
- Need 13 – 30 credits1 toward degree completion
- Have a cumulative Grade Point Average of 2.0 or higher, at time of enrollment
- Matriculate full-time (minimum of 12 credits per semester; preference for 15) while enrolled in GSI
- Have passed at least 2 of the CUNY Assessment tests, by the time of enrollment2
- Have at least 2 semesters of eligibility for TAP or PELL
1If a student needs between 24 and 30 credits to graduate within a year, we strongly encourage the student to enroll in class(es) during the summer session(s) prior to the start of GSI.
2If a student has not passed all CUNY Assessment Tests, s/he must enroll in Summer Immersion or similar course during the summer prior to the start of GSI.
Tuition and textbook assistance will be provided if available.
If you are serious about graduating within one year, we can help.
Students receiving public assistance who do not meet the eligibility criteria for GSI may obtain support services and job placement assistance from COPE.