If you are a talented and motivated individual whose academic record does not reflect your full potential, and you are from a low-income family, the SEEK or CD Program may be for you.
A student must meet all of the following criteria in order to be considered for admission to the SEEK or CD Program:
- Must be a high school graduate or have a New York State approved General Equivalency Diploma (GED) or its equivalent.
- Must have not previously attended a college or university, except in the case of students enrolled in the State University of New York’s Educational Opportunity Program (EOP), or the independent colleges’ Higher Education Opportunity Program (HEOP).
- Must be a resident of New York State for SEEK admission or a resident of New York City for CD program admission.
- Must have an admissions index score that is below the cutoff point for regular admissions to a particular senior college (for SEEK admission) or have a college admissions average of less than 80 percent for admission to a community college CD program.
- Must have a family income and other available financial resources fall within guidelines established by New York State.
- Must attend a pre-freshman summer session if you do not satisfy the University criteria on one or more of the University Skills Assessment Tests in Reading, Writing, or Mathematics.