- 2013-2014 Diversity Projects Development Fund
- NBC Education Nation Summit
- The State of Latino Studies at Medgar Evers College & CUNY
- 2013 Puerto Rican Studies Association Biennial Symposium
- Race and Ethnic Inequality in “Post-Racial America”
- The LFI Director in the News
- The Job Market and Careers in Higher Education
- 2013 CUNY Faculty Diversity and Inclusion Conference
“I want to express my appreciation for the historic contributions made by Latino faculty throughout CUNY to the intellectual life and social well-being of CUNY.”
Welcome to the Chancellor’s Latino Faculty Initiative at the City University of New York. Since it’s inception, LFI has sought to promote excellence via the recruitment and retention of a diverse cohort of faculty. We have successfully attracted faculty in the Humanities, Social Sciences, and STEM fields throughout CUNY. Prospective scholars interested in tenure track positions are encouraged to submit their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org and visit our Facebook page for the latest information on career opportunities and sponsored events. We also encourage you to review faculty listings via CUNYfirst: http://www.cuny.edu/employment/jobsearch.html. These listings are periodically updated and provide detailed information about openings for prospective applicants.
Established in Fall 2006, the CUNY Latino Faculty Initiative seeks to link qualified Latino(a) candidates to faculty positions within CUNY. To this end, the Project will engage in outreach and recruitment, and work with CUNY colleges to advance their faculty’s diversity.
Current work of scholars recruited through or associated with the CUNY Latino Faculty Initiative.