CUNY Assessment Test (CAT) Information
Prepare for CATs by using the materials below and by accessing the official FREE ACCUPLACER Study App. To make use of this valuable resource with sample questions, answer explanations, and more, register here.
CAT in Reading
CAT in Writing
CAT in Mathematics
The CUNY Assessment Tests (CATs)
- The CUNY Assessment Tests are critical in measuring your readiness for college success. These high-stakes tests evaluate your competency in areas of reading, writing, and mathematics.
- Your results on the CUNY Assessment Tests can determine admission to four-year colleges.
- Your results on the CUNY Assessment Tests can determine whether or not you can enroll in credit-bearing courses directly, or if you must first take non-credit courses in reading, writing, math, or ESL.
- The three CUNY Assessment Tests are given in Reading, Writing, and Math.
- Prepare for the tests: Use the resources available to prepare for the CUNY Assessment Tests, and view the video above.