Thank you for submitting your online Admissions Application! There are only a few more steps to complete your admission review.

Please download and print your Transfer Application Summary Package. To avoid a delay in the review of your application, it is crucial that you record your Application Control Number on each supporting document, attach it to the corresponding form within your Application Summary Package and mail the documents to the appropriate CUNY/UAPC address (at left). Do not send any documents listed below directly to the individual college(s), unless otherwise specified.

Complete Your Admission Review

  1. Submit Online Application
  2. Pay the Application Fee
  3. Print Application Summary Package
  4. Submit Supporting Documents

All transfer applicants who are not currently enrolled at a CUNY college must pay a $70.00 non-refundable application fee. The easiest and fastest way to pay the fee is online by credit card using a Visa or MasterCard. To pay the fee online log into the CUNYPortal. Under “Admission” click on “Application Status”, then select “Choose Payment Options”
You may also pay your fee with a check or money order payable to CUNY/UAPC. Your check or money order for your application fee should be attached to your Application Fee Return Receipt and sent to the appropriate CUNY/UAPC address (at left). Please remember to write your name and Application Control Number on your check or money order.

*Veteran Applicants do not have to pay an application fee. For more information click here.

CUNY requires applicants to submit their entire academic record for review.

CUNY college transcript (intra-CUNY transfer applicants only)
If you are currently enrolled at a CUNY college, do not send a paper copy of your transcript. Instead, an electronic version of your official CUNY transcript will be retrieved by CUNY/UAPC after your Admission Application is submitted. In order to retrieve your transcript, your social security number or CUNY ID as indicated on your Admission Application must match the identification number listed on your CUNY college record. If there are stops and/or holds on your CUNY record, please resolve them with the Office of the Registrar at your CUNY college. Once the problem is resolved, we will then be able to electronically retrieve your transcript.

College, University and/or Proprietary School Transcript(s)
If you are currently attending or if you have ever attended a college, university or proprietary school, an official transcript is required for each school attended.

We define an official record as one that details your complete academic history (all years) while in attendance at a college, university or any postsecondary institution. These records must be sent directly to us from the issuing institution and/or examining body in a sealed, school-issued envelope and must include the following:

  • Dates of enrollment, courses taken and marks, grades or ratings in each subject.
  • Institutional grading scale or other standard(s) of evaluation.
  • Recent signature and date by a school official and must include an original institutional seal. Accepted  signatures include: the Registrar, Dean, Principal, Controller of Examinations, Ministry of Education, or another appropriate school official/office (varies by country).

We do not accept the following:

  • Documents certified by a notary public, translator or commissioner of oaths.
  • Photocopies or other duplications of a record such as notarized copies, faxed or scanned documents.
  • You must request that your official transcript be sent directly from the college, university, and/or proprietary school to CUNY/UAPC.

High school transcript(s)/secondary school record
All transfer applicants are required to submit an official high school transcript with proof of graduation indicated. The transcript must be sent directly to CUNY/UAPC from the high school in a sealed, school-issued envelope.

Secondary School Transcripts/Statement of Marks
If you have graduated from a United States-administered American, International or Department of Defense school, an official paper transcript is required. The transcript must be sent directly to CUNY/UAPC from the high school in a sealed, school-issued envelope. If you have graduated from a Missionary or other American private school, your school must meet CUNY standards for school accreditation. If your high school does not meet accreditation standards, you will be required to take the High School Equivalency test. See the High School Equivalency section below.

If you have graduated from a high school/secondary school outside the U.S. not listed above, you are required to submit your complete academic record (all years), as well as any national or government certificates earned. We accept photocopies of secondary school transcripts, diplomas, mark sheets and/or secondary external examination certificates (CXC, GCE, WASC, EASC, etc.) Please review the list of Required Secondary School Credentials.

Educational records in a language other than English must be accompanied by an official word-for-word translation on business letterhead. See English Translation Guidelines below.

Online and Correspondence Schools
CUNY does not accept high school credentials/diplomas from any non-public correspondence, online, or virtual high school. Applicants with this type of high school credential must successfully complete the High School Equivalency examination to be considered for admission to a CUNY college.


Generally, your home-schooling curriculum should adhere to your school district’s preliminary education requirement for earning a high school diploma. This will allow us to review your entire record as a home-schooled student within the context of the academic requirements as outlined above.

If you are a New York State resident who received home schooling, a transcript outlining all completed coursework with grades earned is required. You must also submit a letter from the superintendent of your school district or comparable chief school administrator certifying that you have completed the equivalent of a New York State four-year high school program through home schooling.

If you cannot obtain the letter from the high school district, you must obtain a High School Equivalency diploma. See the High School Equivalency section below.

If you are an out-of-state resident who received home-schooling, a state-issued diploma is required. If you have not obtained a state-issued diploma, you must obtain your High School Equivalency diploma. For more information on how to obtain a High School Equivalency score click here.

High School Equivalency Diploma

Applicants receiving a High School Equivalency diploma from New York State (also known as TASC), are required to submit a copy of their High School Equivalency diploma and scores. Visit this site to learn more.

Applicants receiving a High School Equivalency diploma outside of New York State should contact the appropriate State Education Department.

View a conversion of the scores to a College Admission Average (CAA) here: High School Equivalency Admission Information

If you are an International Student please visit the website to learn more.

High School Equivalency documents should be attached to the Document Return Receipt and sent to the appropriate CUNY/UAPC address (at left).

We highly recommended that veterans submit their military transcripts. Follow the links below to submit the appropriate military transcript:

Joint Services Transcript of JST (Army/Navy/Marine/Coast Guard)

Air Force Transcripts

SAT/ACT Scores
If you took the SAT or ACT, it is strongly recommended that you submit your scores to demonstrate college-level readiness in reading, writing and mathematics. SAT/ACT scores are required if you have earned less than 30 college credits.

AP Scores
Students who score a four or higher on The College Board Advanced Placement Exams may be eligible to receive college credits at CUNY. Each CUNY college makes its own determination of course and credit equivalencies for the exams. Visit the Academic Credit page for more information.

If you are on a temporary visa and educated in a non-English speaking environment, you must demonstrate proficiency in the English language by submitting test scores from TOEFL or IELTS (Academic Level) or PTE (Academic Level). Please request to have your official test scores sent to our processing center, CUNY/UAPC and/or list our University code 2950 when registering for the exams. Visit the TOEFLIELTS or PTE website for more information.

New York State Opportunity Programs
If you are currently enrolled in a NY State opportunity program (College Discovery, SEEK, HEOP or EOP), please complete and submit a Special Programs Transfer Request Form.

When sending supplemental materials to CUNY/UAPC, please attach to the Document Return Receipt Form included in your Application Summary Package.

Supplemental Application for Other Programs
Transfer programs such as the PA Program at the Sophie Davis School of Biomedical Education and the CUNY BA/BS for Unique and Interdisciplinary Studies require a supplemental paper application. These documents should be sent directly to the transfer college/program to which you are applying. Visit the appropriate college/program website for more information.

Additional Information for Students Educated Outside of the U.S.

Applicants educated outside the United States may opt to have their transcripts evaluated by the University Application Processing Center of CUNY or to have them evaluated by one of the evaluation services listed below:

If you have completed less than one year of full-time university-level studies, we need the following:

  • Secondary school record: an official course-by-course evaluation report which includes a GPA based on all secondary school course work and any external examination certificates earned.
  • University record: an official course-by-course evaluation report which includes a GPA based on all university course work.

If you have completed more than one year of full-time university-level studies, we need the following:

  • Secondary school record: proof of secondary school graduation and an official document-by-document evaluation report.
  • University record: an official course-by-course evaluation report which includes a GPA based on all university course work.
  • Be sure to request that the evaluation service includes certified copies of all documentation used for the evaluation.
  • We will only accept evaluations that are sent directly from the evaluation service.

UAPC will make the final decision regarding evaluations and admission recommendations.

If you opt to have your records evaluated by UAPC, we require:

  • Copies of complete secondary school record
  • Secondary school graduation diploma
  • Any external examination certificates earned
  • An official transcript of university work, sent directly from the issuing institution.

If the documents were not issued in English, we require a word-for word- translation.

All translations must meet the following conditions:

  • Complete and literal (word-for-word) with no attempts to interpret or evaluate the credential
  • Prepared in same format as the original document
  • Typed on business or school letterhead stationery
  • Signed by a translator attesting to familiarity with the foreign language

Official translations may be obtained from the following:

  • Consulate or embassy of the country that is issuing the document
  • Translation agency
  • Immigrant or refugee association in the U.S. representing the country issuing the document
  • The institution where the student studied
  • Faculty member of U.S. high school, college, or university (must signify his/her academic department and rank)

CUNY does not accept translations from the following:

  • The student or members of his/her family
  • Individuals not affiliated with any of the organizations listed above