The CUNY Welcome Center serves as the University-wide Office of Undergraduate Admissions, offering assistance with all of your admission needs. We provide a wide array of services to help you explore, prepare and apply to CUNY. In addition to aiding prospective students, we also serve high school counselors and college advisors.
Location & Hours
217 East 42nd Street
between 2nd & 3rd Avenues
New York, NY 10017
Monday: 9:00 AM – 5:00PM
Tuesday: 10:00 AM – 6:00PM
Wednesday: 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Thursday: 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Friday – Sunday: Closed
Contact Our Help Desk
For admission-related questions, including those regarding the status of your admission application, contact the appropriate Help Desk. If you have submitted an application please have your CUNYfirst ID number available when contacting us (eight digit number).
Help Desk for Students
Before Your Visit
For your visit you will need to bring:
- Valid form of Photo ID
- Any documents you wish to submit including:
- Official high school transcript
- Copies of original high school records (Students Educated Outside of the US) – learn more
- Sealed official transcript(s) from college(s) you have attended
- Copies of translations of any documents not issued in English – learn more
- Copies of supplemental documents that you wish to include as part of your application
- Application Fee if you plan to apply
Already explored and still have questions?
Sit down with an Admissions Counselor today to address specific topics such as college choices, program information, the Admission Application and admission review process and/or any other counseling needs you may have.