More Options, Less Cost, More Value.
Earn an education that matters. At LaGuardia, our students are blazing new paths in academic research, innovative technology and the arts; landing family-sustaining jobs; and transferring to top four-year institutions—all with a little extra money in their pockets.
What makes our students so extraordinary? We open our doors of learning to meet you where you are in life. With 58% of LaGuardia’s faculty members holding PhDs, more than twice the national average, you’ll receive an unparalleled real-world education that’s close to home. Plus, our flexible, enhanced semesters give you the option to earn your associate degree faster.
Our diverse community of faculty, staff and students will help you strengthen your intellect, nourish your imagination and inspire you to push boundaries to places you didn’t know you could reach.
LaGuardia at a Glance
At LaGuardia, we challenge expectations and dare to do more – to push boundaries, close gaps, shatter misperceptions, and inspire big dreams – so that students can write their own futures.
- LaGuardia offers more than 60 majors, certificates and programs so students can find the one that’s right for them.
- Special programs and financial aid options, including grants, scholarships, work-study and tuition payment plans, make getting a high-quality education affordable.
- Ninety-three percent of LaGuardia’s graduates have no student loan debt.
- Conveniently located in Queens, New York City’s most ethnically diverse borough, LaGuardia Community College educates students from all over the world with over 150 countries represented and 106 different languages spoken natively.
- Students are supported by Advising Teams, comprised of faculty, staff and peers, that help you map out the best route to graduation, a four-year college or a career.
- Our Center for Career & Professional Development and Office of Transfer Services are available to help students research and plan for their best career and education paths after LaGuardia.
- Our general education curriculum follows CUNY’s Pathways to Degree Completion structure, which is designed to make it easier for students to transfer from one CUNY institution to another.
- Recent graduates have transferred to some of the country’s most selective institutions, including Brown, Columbia, NYU, Johns Hopkins, Sarah Lawrence, Cornell, Pepperdine, Georgetown and Vassar.
- LaGuardia offers a variety of free tutoring so students can get help or accelerate their learning.
- The enhanced semester structure, along with day, evening and weekend classes, allow students to complete their associate degree in two years, saving time and money.
Lifelong Learning (Noncredit)
Get the right skills, credentials and support to take your education, career or business to the next level. From NYC’s largest English Language Learning program to high-quality training with affordable, flexible courses, LaGuardia is the place to go and grow.
For more information, contact Continuing Education.
Paying For College
7 train 33rd Street station
N, Q train At Queensboro Plaza station, transfer to #7
E, M trains Queens Plaza or 23rd-Ely/Court Square station
R train Queens Plaza station
G trains 23rd-Ely/Court Square station
Q60, Q32 Queens Boulevard and Skillman Avenue
Q39 Thomson and Van Dam Street
B62 Thomson and Jackson Avenue