How do I apply to live in a residence hall?
You will find all housing applications on the residence hall websites. You can find them by visiting the Campus Sponsored Residence Halls page.


How much does it cost to live in a residence hall?
The cost varies by school and room type. For the most updated list of prices, by school, please click here.


Do I need to be accepted to a campus to apply for housing?
Yes, you need to be accepted to apply for campus housing. Unfortunately, if you are wait-listed you are not eligible to apply for housing.


My school does not offer housing. Can I live in another CUNY school’s residence hall?
If your school does not offer housing, you can apply for housing at: Queens College, the College of Staten Island, and City College. Also, keep in mind that if you choose not to live in your school’s main campus residence hall and are receiving financial aid, the cost of living may not be covered. Please contact the financial aid department at your school.


Does my financial aid cover the cost of living?
Depending on how much you receive in financial aid and if you meet the requirements, financial aid will cover the cost of living.


Does the Excelsior Scholarship cover the cost of living?
No, the excelsior scholarship only covers the cost of tuition.


I am searching for summer or temporary housing. Whom do I contact?
Please contact the campus residence hall you wish to reside at directly. You can find their contact information on their residence hall websites, which you can find on the main page (link).


I would prefer to live off campus, what resources are available?
For off campus housing inquiries you can either search through Educational Housing Services (EHS) (link), or you can contact your school and inquire about any off campus housing opportunities they may offer.


What is Educational Housing Services (EHS)?
EHS is a non-profit housing service for students and interns with multiple locations all over New York City