CUNY is committed to diversity, equity and inclusivity in all hiring and employment practices and to ensuring equitable access to opportunities. All employment professionals wishing to recruit on-campus or post positions are required to work within a framework of professionally accepted recruiting, interviewing and selection techniques and guidelines. This includes the recruiting and offer policies set forth by the individual college career center, the CUNY Nondiscrimination Policy, the NACE Principles for Professional Practice and the United States Department of Labor FLSA Guidelines; as it relates to paid vs. unpaid internships.
Summer Youth Employment Program
Looking to gain valuable leadership skills while earning money over the summer? Look no further! The Summer Youth Employment Program can help! There are entry-level positions available in Government agencies, Hospitals, Summer Camps, Law Offices, Cosmetology, Non-profits, and more! For more information click here. Apply here.
Applying for internships? Whether they’re full-time or part-time, let the United States Department of Labor tell you what you should know when applying for internships, especially if they are unpaid.
- New York State Labor Statistics
- NYC Civil Service Exams Information
- Internship Programs Under The Fair Labor Standards Act
- CUNY Library Services: Career, Company and Industry Research
- Find information about hundreds of careers and educational requirements: How To Become Any Career
- A Novel New Program from CUNY Law: Pipeline to Justice
- Tips on how to find a job, corporate culture and etiquette: Looking for Work in the United States of America
- Discusses obstacles international students may face and how to overcome them: Career and Job Hunting Tips and Advice
- Legal Q&A by Mark B. Rhoads, and Helen L. Konrad: What are the legal issues surrounding international students and unpaid internships
Kinch Law Firm Internship
Kinch Law Group is looking for CUNY students to become a business/legal intern, marketing intern, and a communications/articles writer intern. The Marketing and the Communications internships are the priorities as they are the most needed. This is a part time unpaid internship opportunity but they are willing to offer a stipend or give students academic credit! If you would like more information please see here