Up to 12 awards, each with a maximum amount of $12,500 will be made to assist students who reside in north Manhattan to complete up to 1,500 required hours of internship in a health-related career .
- Applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of the United States
- Applicants must be residents of the Washington Heights-Inwood or Harlem communities in north Manhattan (Community Districts 9-12).
- Applicants must be enrolled in an occupational therapy, physical therapy, radiological technology or medical laboratory technology program at an accredited college,training program or hospital-based program.
- Applicants must have a 2.5 cumulative grade point average as verified by an official transcript from the college or training program.
- Applicants must be in the final stage of program completion and approved by the college program to pursue the clinical hours requirement as verified by a letter from the program director/coordinator.
- Applicants must demonstrate financial need as verified by a letter from the program director/coordinator, department chairperson or the college’s director of financial aid.
- Applicants must obtain two letters of recommendation from faculty who have taught him/her and that attests to the worthiness of the applicant, his/her commitment to thefield, etc. These letters cannot be from the program director/coordinator.
Applicants must complete the enclosed application form and submit it to the address on the form. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that all items (i.e. application, official transcript, recommendation letters, and proof of address and citizenship/residency status) are submitted.