Anxiety is a common reaction to increased stress. It is important to take steps to manage your concerns and not panic. There are many things that you can do to cope:
- Keep yourself informed with accurate information but do not flood yourself with constant TV or news watching.
- Turn to family, friends, and loved ones for support. Talk to them about your experiences and feelings.
- Keep to your usual routine and find ways to relax and be kind to yourself.
- Avoid alcohol and drug use.
You should get immediate help from a licensed mental health practitioner if you or a loved one is experiencing any one or more of the following problems::
- Feeling extremely helpless
- Having thoughts of hurting one’s self or others
- Using alcohol or drugs excessively
- Inability to return to normal routine
Contact your Campus Counseling Center if you have further questions or require additional assistance.