The general steps in the selection process are as follows:
- Complete the application process via Exams Xpress or use the downloaded application packet that may be retrieved from the University website: www.cuny.edu (click on Jobs at CUNY, then Civil Service Exams). ONLINE APPLICATIONS ARE STRONGLY RECOMMENDED. Access the Exams Xpress system from this page and the forms download area will be visible. Return or mail the completed packet to CPS Human Resource Services, Attn: CUNY “Title of Examination”, 241 Lathrop Way, Sacramento, CA 95815. Do not return your paper application packet to a CUNY college.
- Meet the minimum qualifications for appointment to the title (see the next section).
- If Applicable, take a Work Experience Test (pass/fail), which is an examination of education and experience.
- After passing Work Experience Test, take and pass the written test, if applicable.
- After passing the examination, you may view your score in the Exams Xpress system once your final banded score has been calculated.
- A CUNY Certified List of Eligibles will be established for the title.
- If qualified, you may be invited for an interview by a college.
You must meet the minimum qualifications for the title. If you do not meet the minimum qualifications for an exam, you will be disqualified from the selection process; if you have already been appointed, you will be terminated from employment.
Your final score will be determined by the grade you receive on the exam components and the veteran preference credit/legacy credits you receive, if any. Your score will determine the order in which you are certified from the eligible list for vacancies that come up.
To be considered for a job posting, you must apply to the designated college representative in the manner indicated on the job posting before the closing date. Listings of additional local and college related jobs are available through each college Human Resource office, and General Employment Information is also available.