- Baruch College
- Brooklyn College
- The City College of New York
- College of Staten Island
- Hunter College
- John Jay College of Criminal Justice
- Lehman College
- Medgar Evers College
- New York City College of Technology
- Queens College
- York College
- Borough of Manhattan Community College
- Bronx Community College
- Guttman Community College
- Hostos Community College
- Kingsborough Community College
- LaGuardia Community College
- Queensborough Community College
Graduate, Honors, and Professional Colleges
WHAT YOUR ORGANIZATION HAS TO GAIN BY PARTICIPATING
If you are an employer searching for a diverse, competitive, college-educated applicant pool, register now to recruit for full- or part-time positions and internships at the CUNY Big Apple Job & Internship Fair.
This major university-wide recruitment event provides private and public sector employers with the unparalleled opportunity to source from the largest public urban university in the nation. During its twenty-six year history, the Big Apple’s rating among organizations remains exemplary. Last year, 94% of participating employers reported meeting all of their recruitment objectives. Read More
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
For Profit Registration Fee – $1250.00
Non-Profit Registration Fee – $900.00
Included with the fee is:
- An 8′ x 10′ booth with 8′ high back wall drape and 3′ high side drape; 6′ x 30″ dressed table and two chairs; name of organization and booth # on a 44″x 7″ sign hung high on the back wall drape.
- Two tickets to the pre-fair breakfast reception. (Read further for how this count may be increased.)
- Inclusion in our online Career Guide that identifies participating organizations, their descriptions, positions being recruited and related applicant criteria. Students and graduates scour the Guide prior to attending the fair, so the earlier organizations get their information in, they will have increased exposure to students and alumni.
Employers interested in participating in the CUNY Big Apple Job and Internship Fair should note the following:
- Space availability is on a first-come/first-served basis.
- Registration is subject to approval by review committee.
- Employer registration fees are non-refundable.
- Participants agree to conduct business exclusively within their booths and to refrain from distributing materials elsewhere at the fair, e.g., to students on registration lines. Recruiters refusing to adhere to this policy will be asked to leave the fair, with no fee refund.
- We ask all employers to honor their commitment to CUNY and job fair participants by keeping their booths staffed until the 2:00 p.m. closing time.
- Every organization must provide comprehensive answers on the on-line registration form so that CUNY graduates are fully informed about the organization and the qualifications required for open positions. Employers who do not comply may be denied participation in the fair.
- Regarding internship recruitment – Please be advised that “for profit” organizations who want to recruit students for non-paid internships are required to meet the 6-point test that releases the organization from the obligation to pay interns. See Internship Programs under the Fair Labor Standards Act for more information. The Big Apple’s online registration form requires a sign-off from organizations for which this is applicable.
Once your registration is approved, a confirmation email and invoice will be emailed to the person whose name and email address were entered on the registration form. If you have any questions regarding the process, or to request a W9 form, you may call Gloria Rodriguez at 646-664-9010 or send an email to JobFairRSVP@cuny.edu
We urge you to staff your booth with at least two recruiters at all times. The student/graduate turnout is very large and recruiters are fully engaged throughout the fair.
If you do not specify the number of recruiters dining at the fair at least a week before it, we will allocate the two breakfast passes that are part of the regular registration fee. If you want more than two passes, there is a $50 charge for each recruiter over two. No additions will be made the day of the fair.
- If you want an electrical outlet, make the request and payment arrangements directly with the Javits Center’s Exhibitors Service Department at (877) 452-8487.
- The Javits has installed a high density wireless internet access system on all levels, in all halls and meeting rooms; wall to wall. This wireless signal also covers the entire length of the inner roadway. This system has the capacity to service 70,000 devices concurrently and is priced at $8.00 per day per device for 512kbps. This service is good for emails and light business use. Exhibitors are able to connect to and pay for this service on site and if they need higher bandwidths they should contact the Technology solutions department (212-216-2548) for a customized solution.
- Standing table displays and banners draped over tables are permitted.
- Nothing can extend from a booth out into aisle space.
- Nothing can be attached to booth drapes except with drayage hooks obtained the day of the fair at our service booth, and nothing can conceal an organization’s pre-printed sign with booth number.
- Audio displays are not permitted; they can be distracting to others and cause bottlenecking in the aisles.
The Javits Center will not store materials after the fair. These are your choices for getting displays/materials back to your offices:
- Your recruiters can carry them out.
- You can contract with Freeman to arrange to have materials returned to you. Call 201-299-7575 at least a week before the fair to make arrangements.
Getting your materials to the fair
The Javits Center will not accept and store materials before the fair. Do not send materials to the Javits Center, which assumes no responsibility to get them to your booth, and which may not be able to locate them for your recruiter in time for the fair.
The Javits Center has strict guidelines that determine whether or not you can carry your own materials to your booth. The following information is very important:
The “rule of thumb” is that if a person is able to hand-carry or cart materials on a small personal two-wheeled luggage carrier (plastic or rubber wheels only), s/he may come in through a regular public entrance at the front of the building and bring materials directly to the booth area.
If you meet the “rule of thumb” criteria and want your materials hand-delivered, you have two choices:
- You can make your own arrangements to have your materials delivered to your booth the day before the fair (Thursday, April 21st) between 2 and 5 p.m. If you choose this option, call 646-664-9010 for your booth number. Instruct your delivery person to leave materials at your booth and not at the registration counters.
PLEASE NOTE: Security is not guaranteed for materials left overnight, but no material left there overnight for this fair has ever been taken.
- You can have recruiters bring materials the morning of the fair.
If you do not meet the “rule of thumb” criteria for front door entry, you can get your materials to the Javits Center by sending them to Freeman, the company setting up our booths.
Freeman Co. charges a fee for this service and it must be paid in advance. Contact the Customer Service Department at Freeman at (201) 299-7575 for further information. You will need to make arrangements with Freeman so that your materials arrive there no earlier than April 18th and no later than April 20th. Click here for forms you need to complete and submit to Freeman. Each box of materials should be clearly marked “For the April 22nd CUNY BIG APPLE JOB AND INTERNSHIP FAIR” and addressed as follows:
TO: Your Organization’s Name / Your organization’s Booth # (call 646-664-9010 for the number)
CUNY – BIG APPLE JOB FAIR 2016
1 RAILROAD PL
MASPETH, NY 11378
The Javits Center will not store materials after the fair. Your recruiters must carry them out.
APRIL 22ND SCHEDULE FOR RECRUITERS ASSIGNED TO WORK THE FAIR
8:30 – 9:15 am
RECRUITER CHECK-IN AT REGISTRATION COUNTERS located on the mezzanine level, accessed reached by escalators leading up to the Galleria. One person from each organization will be asked to sign for receipt of the organization’s manila registration envelope, containing name badges (pre-printed when information has been provided on a timely basis, otherwise containing blank badges corresponding to your number of recruiters), and breakfast passes (either two per organization or based on the number arranged for by the organization prior to the fair). Changes will not be accepted the date of the fair. From registration through the end of the fair, Employer Liaisons will be available to help recruiters with things like booth escort at registration and water delivery at booths. Recruiters should address any concerns/needs during the fair to the Employer Liaisons who will circulate among booths.
Recruiters who arrive after the breakfast reception should report to the registration counters.
9:30 – 10:45 am
BREAKFAST RECEPTION IN THE HOSPITALITY AREA, at the rear of the RIVER PAVILION. Recruiters are asked to be prompt for the reception, after checking in and organizing their booths.
THE FAIR OPENS – REPRESENTATIVES NEED TO BE BACK AT THEIR BOOTHS.
FAIR CLOSES. Recruiters are asked to complete evaluation forms distributed at the fair and return them to Employer Liaisons before leaving. Recruiters should follow through on the arrangements employers made concerning the return of materials/displays to the organization since materials cannot be stored at the Javits Center.