The NYCHA Customer Contact Center Project, which launched in 2014, sets aside 60 positions for CUNY students. Students are trained at the NYCHA Customer Information Center as Student Call Takers and use customer service skills to provide assistance to residents of public housing units. The starting wage is $13.00 per hour and raises are awarded after six months of service.
Students will be employed at the NYCHA Customer Information Center using customer service skills to provide assistance to the residents of public housing units. This position is only open to CUNY students who have at least one more year of classes to complete.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Student Customer Information Representatives will be trained on NYCHA rules, regulations and departmental procedures.
- Student Customer Information Representatives will work directly with the public through two modes communication: the internet and phones.
- Student Customer Information Representatives will assist customers with complaints and inquires as needed.
- Student Customer Information Representatives will work with NYCHA departmental personnel to provide exemplary customer service, while furthering departmental standards and goals.
- Perform basic administrative tasks as needed.
- Current CUNY student in upper freshman status or higher with a GPA of 2.5 or above as an undergraduate student, 3.0 or above as a graduate student.
- Must be enrolled in classes to maintain eligibility for the NYCHA Project.
- Ability to work 16 hours per week.
- Strong computer skills and Internet proficiency.
- Excellent telephone etiquette and communication skills.
- Be proficient in English, bilingual Spanish a plus.
- Strong reading and writing skills.
- Attend a new employee training and attend on the job training’s as needed.
- Only students with strong attendance and punctuality skills should apply.
- Not a current Research Foundation employee.
- Ideal applicant should possess some previous retail or customer service experience.
Starting at $13.00 per hour and raises are awarded after six months of service.
The NYCHA Call Center is open daily from 9:00am to 9:00pm. Student employee will be scheduled 16 hours per week, over 4 days.