Veterans who will be attending college are advised to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). It is the basic requirement for federal aid consideration. This can be done online at New York State residents should also complete a Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) application for state aid assistance. The application is available at

For more information on how veterans can finance their education through federal, state and NY City programs visit the section on Financing your Education on the website.