Guttman Transfer Scholarships offer benefits for outstanding CUNY community college students who transfer to an eligible CUNY senior college (Brooklyn, City, Hunter, Lehman, and Queens). Guttman Scholars receive up to $4,000 paid over two years. CUNY is able to offer these scholarships through an endowment provided by the Stella and Charles Guttman Foundation.
These scholarships are offered twice each year, in the fall and spring. Applications are due in the semester prior to transfer.
- Students who meet eligibility requirements will have a link to the online application in their CUNYfirst “To Do” list.
- Students must complete an online application, including a personal essay.
- One letter of recommendation is required.
- A faculty selection committee will review applications, and scholarships will be awarded based on a review of your transcript, a personal essay, and a letter of recommendation.
- For more information, please review these Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
Congratulations to the Spring & Fall 2017 Guttman Scholars!
To view photos from our annual Guttman Transfer Scholarship reception visit us on Facebook.