Guttman Transfer Scholarships offer benefits for outstanding CUNY community college students who transfer to an eligible CUNY senior college (Brooklyn, City, Hunter, Lehman, and Queens). Guttman Scholars receive up to $4,000 paid over two years. CUNY is able to offer these scholarships through an endowment provided by the Stella and Charles Guttman Foundation.
These scholarships are offered twice each year, in the fall and spring. Applications are due in the semester prior to transfer.
- Students who meet eligibility requirements will have a link to the online application in their CUNYfirst “To Do” list.
- Students must complete an online application, including a personal essay.
- One letter of recommendation is required.
- A faculty selection committee will review applications, and scholarships will be awarded based on a review of your transcript, a personal essay, and a letter of recommendation.
- For more information, please review these Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
As of Spring 2017, 207 outstanding community college graduates have been named Guttman Scholars
Congratulations to the Spring 2017 Guttman Scholars!
For photos from past receptions honoring Guttman Scholars, visit us on Facebook.
Applications are available for the Spring 2018 cohort of the Guttman Transfer Scholarship.
(Deadline: October 2017).