CUNY, through the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research provides a number of research-related, internal funding programs to its faculty. A number of funding programs are designed specifically to foster intra- and inter-college research collaborations among CUNY’s faculty. In addition, the Vice Chancellor provides travel funds for faculty seeking external funding opportunities to visit with a Program Director at an appropriate agency.
- Junior Faculty Research Award in Science and Engineering
- Interdisciplinary Research Grant Program
- Research In the Classroom
- Travel Funds Program
- Bridge Fund Program
- Community College Research Grant Program
- CUNY ASRC Cooperative Postdoc Research Grant
- CUNY ASRC Seed Program
The CUNY Faculty Awards Expansion Project is a program funded by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation that aims to increase the number of awards, named fellowships, speaking invitations, and other signs of professional recognition received by CUNY faculty in the sciences.