The landscape of education in the arts and humanities has undergone a marked change in recent decades, particularly with the advent of new communications technologies and digital media. The CUNY Office of Research seeks to embrace this change and has created this grant program to support arts faculty with technological needs. We welcome proposals from all full-time CUNY faculty in the arts & humanities who require technological equipment in order to pursue their research or teaching interests. Funds will be awarded on a competitive basis.
- Only tenure-track or tenured professorial faculty at CUNY campuses are eligible to apply.
- Applications are accepted from faculty members in the following disciplines:
- Performing Arts
- Fine Arts
- Liberal Arts
Proposals should be a maximum of 3 pages (single spaced, 12-point font, one inch margins). A template can be downloaded here: Arts-Technology_Template
Include the subject of your research/teaching, your name and school, and then address the following:
- a description of the research/teaching in which you are engaged, including how the technological equipment will further your research/teaching aims
- a description of the equipment, including cost and, if possible, a price quotation from a vendor (NB this grant is for capital equipment with a minimum lifespan of 5 years)
- a description of proposed outcomes (e.g. publication, presentation, student outcomes)
Reference/citation lists are not included in the 3-page limit.
A two-page CV that demonstrates prior scholarly accomplishment (see template) must accompany the application.
Awards are for one year and all awardees are expected to have spent the funds and be using the equipment by the end of that year.
Budgets up to $20,000 will be considered. Funds must be used for equipment purchase.
Proposals must be submitted by March 30, 2017 via our online submission system as a single PDF and contain the following:
- Signature page that must be signed by the the campus Grants Officer
- 3-page proposal (including research/teaching aims, equipment description and price information, and proposed outcomes)
- 2-page CV
- Each complete proposal must be uploaded onto our online submission site: http://ybephbsyus.formstack.com/forms/art_tech_2017