The CUNY Human Research Protection Program (HRPP) is responsible for the protection of the rights and welfare of human subjects in research projects conducted at CUNY or by CUNY faculty, staff and students and RF CUNY staff. The program provides oversight, administrative support and educational training to ensure that CUNY research complies with federal and State regulations, University policy and the highest ethical standards. The CUNY HRPP comprises of 5 University Integrated Institutional Review Boards (IRBs) and 19 on-site HRPP offices.
Common Rule Changes – Effective January 19, 2018
Policies, Procedures & Guidelines
HRPP policies, procedures and guidelines are available here.
All CUNY UI-IRBs are registered with the US Department of Health and Human Services Office for Human Research Protections. The IRB registration number for each IRB is provided below:
- CUNY UI-IRBs 1-3 (umbrella): IRB00008625
- CUNY UI-IRB #1: IRB00008628
- CUNY UI-IRB #2: IRB00008629
- CUNY UI-IRB #5: IRB00008632
CUNY has filed Federalwide Assurances (FWA) with the US Department of Health and Human Services Office for Human Research Protections, which document CUNY’s commitment to comply with federal regulations for the protection of human subjects in research. CUNY’s FWA numbers are as follows:
- The City University of New York: FWA #00003623
- The City College of New York, of The City University of New York: FWA #00018637
- Hunter College of The City University of New York: FWA #00018648
- Queens College of The City University of New York: FWA #00018638