The CUNY Office of Research promotes and supports the research, scholarly, and creative pursuits of the CUNY community, provides assurance to funding agencies and to the public that research at the University is conducted in accordance with the highest ethical standards and in compliance with applicable regulations, laws and University policies, and enhances technology commercialization, entrepreneurship, and economic development activities. The general functions of the Office of Research specifically relating to research and sponsored program administration include:
- Ensuring University compliance with federal, state and local regulations and ethical standards with regard to all aspects pertaining to the responsible conduct of research and the administration of sponsored programs;
- In cooperation with The Research Foundation, assuring compliance with sponsor’s policies, e.g., intellectual property, human and animal subjects, and fiscal management;
- In cooperation with The Research Foundation, formulating grant and contract administration policy and procedures;
- Training of University faculty and staff concerning compliance with federal, state and local regulations and ethical standards with regard to all aspects pertaining to the responsible conduct of research;
- In cooperation with the Grants Offices and The Research Foundation, conducting training concerning compliance with federal, state and local regulations in the administration of research and sponsored programs.
- In cooperation with the President, Provost or their designee, identifying specific internal controls that must be in place at each campus and developing assessment tools; and
- Conducting periodic assessments of internal controls in place at Colleges or Schools.
See – CUNY Office of Research