A consultant (considered an independent contractor) may provide advisory services related to a sponsored project. The consultant:
- is not responsible for the overall outcome of the sponsored project.
- is not responsible for conducting the sponsored project.
- is not responsible for reporting technical progress to the prime.
- is not responsible for defining the sponsored project’s scope of work; the University defines the scope and the consultant determines how to accomplish the work.
- is responsible for providing its own work area, tools, materials, and supplies to accomplish its work.